Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slant six duster with small bolt pattern and im going to change it to big bolt soon i hope. I kept the big bolt rear end out of another slant six duster that also had big bolt disks up front.Kept them too. I was going to swap rear ends but I was wondering if the just the axles will interchage out of the rearends?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Agree with swapping of the whole works. If you keep the springs attached, you got the spring bolts, one brake hose and hooking up the emergency cables.

·
Registered
484 Posts
My '73's 7 1/4" had 4.5" bolt circle and non c-clip axles that were attached with five bolts. Most small bolt circle 7 1/4" axles I have seen have been attached with four bolts, the housing ends area little different. When I bolted a 8 3/4" in the place of the original '73's 7 1/4", I used the old brakes, they were a bolt on. This was a disc brake car, drum brake cars retained the 4" bolt pattern and may have a different set up. BTW, a sure grip equipped 7 1/4" is amazingly strong. Had one behind a 340 + manual, and couldn't kill it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.