Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide what to do with my Demon. I moved the springs inboard and I now need to build a rear to fit. I am going to mini tub it as well, moving the tubs flush with the frame rails. Does anyone have advice on this buildup? I have a rear I cut down to be 50" flange to flange with 36" perches. Would I still be able to get wheels to fit if I use an early B body rear instead? I have one I can use and it would install in just a few hours. I am concerned about the back space I would need with the b body rear to get the tires centered. I think I need to stay the course on the 50" rear housing. Let me know if you have done this please. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well I'm doing the same with my dart sport, from what i hear you need around a 5.5 or thereabouts backspace with the b-body axle, the plus of the duster and dart sports you can fit a wider tire in the well becuse of the diffrent body.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah - 5.5 bs is a lot though. I guess it would give it a "sleeper" look instead of having the deep inset. I guess I should mock it up and see what I get. I was hoping someone ran into this and could let me learn from them. You always run into something you don't expect when you start cutting, and I hate to have to go back and fix it. Anyone out there running the b body rear, moved the springs in, and mini tubbed? What was the backspacing to get the wheel centered in the well? Thanks to all who provide input!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
My 69 Dart has a B-body Rear end. I used Weld Draglites with the most backspacing that they offer which is 7 1/2" on a 10" wheel. It fits with about 1/2" clearance to the body, with tires installed. The tires are Hooosier quick times 295/60D15 and that have a section width of 12.6"
The Demons/Duster do have more clearance though.

gt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.