Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 73 duster w/a 440 installed. The person who installed it removed the booster and built a bracket to hold the master cyl. so that it would clear the bigger engine. The car has all of the original brake stuff (disc's, ect.) but it won't stop and I want to make it power brakes once again. What do I have to do. The local parts store has the booster/master cyl combo for a great price of $109 and I see that mopar perf. sells a master cyl relocation bracket for big blocks. Is this what I need?
Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
Definitely, my manual brakes stop it just fine - you dont have to mash the pedal or anything. I had power brakes that fit, but i took them off anyway!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sounds like to me you need to go to the parts store and order a master cylnder for a manual brakes car....... If I am not mistaken, the power brake master cylinder and manual one have different bore diameters......hence the reason you can't get your car to stop right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.