Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a 73 /6 duster and the guy told me that the car has power steering A/C and disc brakes in front but that they were manual.

The question is ... did plymouth make that car with power steering and disc brakes that were manual or does the guy just not have a clue. **(*)..or possibly a bad brake booster?

years ago I had a 73 318 with ps and pb discs but not sure about the /6

going to look at the car on Sunday...wish me luck
Thanks in advance...
Matt

·
Registered
450 Posts
They did make manual disk. That car sounds like a great place to start. It has many advantages over my 68 /6 car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response..

I was planning on a v8 (318) and a disc conversion but it will be nicer to start with some of the work already done.. ;D

I just hope I don't drive 2 1/2 hours to look at it and find its not anything like the pic or like the guy said....
and hope he's willing to take what I'm willing to spend (or what the wife is willing to let me spend)

I'll be looking through the forum to find the manual to power conversion procedure

·
Registered
25 Posts
yes they made that combination
i have a 76 duster that wasa /6 car with ac pwer steering and manual disc brakes
most ac cars with a slant /6 use stock 318 tosion bars due to the added weight of the ac componets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts