Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going insane trying to find new tail light lenses for my 75 swinger.  Does anybody know of a company that re-pops them? I would like to get the entire assembly for both sides.  One of my lenses is busted and they've all faded. This is my first mopar project and I want to do it right.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The tail lights got moved to a different spot starting in 74, right? If that's the case, I've never seen repops for the 74-76 Darts. I have seen some nice used sets on ebay, though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If yours are like mine then put a post in the wanted section since they are not made anyhere

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be exactly what mine look like.  That's my luck.  Why I ever decided to fix up a mid 70s Dodge I don't know.  Parts are impossible to find.  Love the car, hate the aftermarket parts world.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll give those guys a try, thanks for the info. If I can't find them NOS I guess I'll have to settle for a decent used set.  It will still be better than the busted one on my car now. BTW, very nice dart. I love the color. I just got the paint to do mine, I got the paint code off the new charger 'Top Banana'. I'll top it off with a matte black hood and rear stripe to give that extra MOPAR touch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once again, beautiful car, and I know all about NOS parts.  I had to get a turn signal switch for my 68 caddy.  I called and hunted for days until I finally got a number to Cadillacs Only in LA.   They said $400.00 for the switch.  After I got my breath back I realized that you don't have a choice sometimes with old car parts but, hey, if you love 'em you'll spend what it takes to fix 'em.  I might have been eating Ramen noodles for a month but I was riding in a Caddy with functional lights. ;D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you found a supplier for the chrome trim that goes around the front and back window. Mine does not have a vinyl top but the 73 swinger I just sold to one of the members on this site needs it. I didn't look too hard for it when I realized I had to get rid of the car anyway. If you do know of a place that repops it I'd like to tell him. Even if he doesn't put a vinyl top back on the car he's still gonna need the trim for the windows. I hated to sell it but sometimes 4 projects is a little much to handle at once. I needed the money and wanted someone to get the car that would restore it right and he was just the guy to do it. I hate to see 'em crushed or neglected out in a field somewhere.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what I got now, not much to look at but it's a good start. Note, this is all I have so these are my projects/daily drivers. Maybe this will work,

I hate trying to post pics. Something always screws up the first time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts