Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much power can an 8 1/4 handle in a big block, "street only" a body?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I'd say with skinny tires, they would break loose before that rearend would. With good traction, then you worry

·
Registered
88 Posts
plenty of 375-400rwtq vehicles outhere with posi/LSD 8 1/4's. As long as you keep it under that, you should be fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should be running about 425 to 450 hp. I ain't lookin for it to hook up very well. I'd like for it to blow the tires off when I stomp it at 20 mph. Hope this holds up while I'm building an 8 3/4. 0/

·
Registered
4 Posts
I heard that ine wheel burnouts will kill them. If you have a Sure-Grip, you should be ok. A buddy of mine couldn't break one in his 383-4 speed with nitrous Diplomat. He tried his hardest to break it before putting the 8 3/4 in.  0/ 0/ 0/ BBD

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
12secaarcuda said:
I heard that ine wheel burnouts will kill them. If you have a Sure-Grip, you should be ok. A buddy of mine couldn't break one in his 383-4 speed with nitrous Diplomat. He tried his hardest to break it before putting the 8 3/4 in.  0/ 0/ 0/ BBD
[]{} Somewhere here or on "for a bodies only", there was a link to video of a baracuda doing a hellasush burnout using an 8 1/4.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine has about 40 passes on it but has a sure grip. Going to put caltracs on it soon, I'll let you know how long it holds up. I only have about 275 RWHP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts