Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i've read this topic before a few years ago, but i've forgot alot since then. I have a 75 dart 360, at the crank about 400 HP motor + 125 shot of nos. It currently has an 8.25 rear. This winter getting minitubbed and moving the springs in to the frame and shooting for a 11-12 in tire. Probably mickey thompson sportsman pro tires. So the question is will it gernade the first time it hooks, or maybe, or have people been lucky running these? It has 3.55 gears with posi. 3500 stall. Only planning to take it to the track 3-4 times a year for fun nights. Would it be best to spend the money now and go to an 8.75, figuring to do it right atleast $600-$1000 complete? Or take the risk and build one over the next year. So far new hood, new fenders, and getting mini tubbed, new quarters and paint. So the car budget for this year is about spent. Thanks Lucas

G

·
I'd say you'd be OK with street tires for on street and track. IF you put on some wide meats and hook them up for a launch.....I'd say the 8.25 would be history. (now take it off the car immediately and send it to me for my wussy 318 project ;) good lucik bbscamp

·
Super Moderator
1,434 Posts
Im still running the 8.25 behind my (relatively mild) RB...so far so good.

although I'd chop off a toe to pack a Dana under there Im not going to hold my breath to find a ready to rock 8 3/4 for it any longer. save till I can dana or run it till it pops.

either way what fun

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think you'll be okay with the 8.25, my dad ran one in his 76 Duster back in the 80's running high 10's and had over 1000 runs on it before breaking the stock posi unit, and he says it broke really bad. He built his own c-clip eliminator kit and put in 4.88 gears, other than that, all stock. The wheels up launches telll that it was getting punished. Here's a couple of pics from Edmonton Speedway in about 1981.

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts