Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would the affect be if i use the 90-10 shocks in front and the superstock springs on my dart 4 the street. and by my senior year in high school is to get the front wheels off the ground at least 6inches....its going to be a goal all in its self..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Superstock springs are ok but the 90/10's will ride like a brick...i don't advise them for street use.
6 inches won't be enough for them senior girls....go bigger ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but how will i get it that high with about 450 hp....i have no clue how im going to lift it that high

·
Registered
86 Posts
I=T x M use worn out front shocks or drill a hole in some new cheapies and let the oil out....NOT GAS SHOCKS ! just standard hydro shocks.
add weight above the rear axle as high in the chassis as possible for some fast moving polar moment.
traction is always a must also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well by my senior year im going to have coil overs and a ladder bar setup, but how can i add wait with a fuel cell in the trunk..and and werw going to be running at least a 12.5inch tire

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am trying to do about the same thing as you but in less then 6 months. Try and find some bad shocks for up front and drill a hole in them to get the oil out. Believe me it will work to get the front end up. Put some lbs in the rear, I know the fuel cell isnt as wide as the trunk so put it on the next to the fuel cell if possible. You can romp on the throttle a few times and work the front end up or smash the gas and it should come up. Another thing... never try it at school before doing it at home, makes you look like an idiot.
By the way we did this to one of my friends Ford Festivas, yes a Festiva, and the front end came up about 6 inches by tappin on the throttle a few times, struts up front but same basic principle. ;D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Forgot... run dot slicks up at the school so the school cop doesnt get pissy. Pour a lil puddle of bleach and roll through it and do a lil burn out. Bleach softens up the tires and makes for some neck breaking traction. Do it once and only once cause it does wear your tires down faster, try for some old slicks if you can find some laying around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
had a pair so I put them on and the ride wasnt that great,and it did transfer weight good to the rear but on the street some high speed turns can get interesting

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats what in scared of..i jsut might put them on for the track then when i get back change them

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guys, dont kill me for suggesting this, but if you're going to change shocks for the street and track, why not run no shock at the track? I f you drill a hole in a shock, it makes it inoperable, same as no shock. I did this on the street for a while waiting for my new ones, and the front end rises quick. So use shocks on the street, and if you just want a wheels up launch, take them out and see what it does. By the way VHT hooks too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
BoredandStroked said:
Forgot... run dot slicks up at the school so the school cop doesnt get pissy. Pour a lil puddle of bleach and roll through it and do a lil burn out. Bleach softens up the tires and makes for some neck breaking traction. Do it once and only once cause it does wear your tires down faster, try for some old slicks if you can find some laying around.
A trick (some trick) :D we did was, take your windshield wiper squirters off, re-attach to the bottom of the car or axle, to spray on the tires or ground. Pump the floor pump a few times, lol Start the smoke show. 0/ this is back in H.S. Days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know a guy that did that but ran them to the rear wheel well housing. Some lil tricks I know from here and there. What ever works just as long as you love your ride thats all that matters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There isn't enough traction on the street, and if there were enough I don't think 450hp isn't going to be enough. I've seen it done by getting a jeep bouncing, but not from just from accelerating. There are millions of stories about how someones car pulls the wheels on the street...stories they remain, kind of like sasquatch...These are heard a lot, and usually while sitting at the bar... This is the only true wheelie i have ever seen on the street, and chances are it was prepped with vht, and there was a lot of weight in the trunk. http://videos.streetfire.net/search/street+wheelie/0/85cd7b43-1c62-4787-8bfd-452162bb16dc.htm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts