Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 second 68 Cuda in which I had installed a D.A.R.E - K frame about 2 years ago. It had a violent shake and I tried everything (a lot of money) to get it to work right. It never did. I saw the RMS system and was very impressed with the quality and technology. I talked to several people that used it and decided the cut my losses trying the make the D.A.R.E. system work. I ordered the RMS system and after I received it within 2 days had it installed. It was very simple and the fit was perfect. I took it to the strip and it worked beautiful. It is the best money that I have ever spent on this car. I would highly recommend this system. RMS is great to work with, very knowledgeable and the support is fantastic. Thanks Bill and company.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Same here, just took out the DARE and the RMS is installed, although also went from a semi leaf link rear suspension to a four link too. Havent made a pass yet, still have some work to do but you are encouraging me with your story. I still have to align and scale the car. Lots of changes, hope everything goes ok. Im worried more about getting the four link setup right than anything but still cant wait to make some passes, looks like about two weeks and Ill know. About the DARE, I tried everything but the tire shake was still there, I gave up. I had mine three years. Keep us posted on your RMS. Good luck racing, hope to join the racing crowd soon again. This is the longest layoff from racing Ive had for twenty two years and its killin me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I aligned mine using the GOB (Good Ol Boy) method. For toe, I used straight edges and two tape measures, (close to 1/16" as possible), camber, (straight up "0"), a square and level, and the caster your not going to believe. I have fender well headers and I kept moving it until the tires cleared the headers. I know it's not the most high tech way of doing things in the days of computers, but, I wanted to try it so bad I risked it anyway. It drives and tracks beautifully. I have a ladder bar rear and it leaves good. I do still have some tuning to do. I had to use 500# X 10" springs because of the weight distribution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts