Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a pictures of, or made a shock tower brace to support the shock towers from flexing inward. doh..As i had to cut out the front inner part of the fender well away to use the fenderwell Hooker Supercomp Headers. In so doing  i have lost some shock tower support and now the upper shocks  have a little flexing....I heard of guys with Big Block in A-body, Darts, Dusters,Baracuda's.ect. Using a shock tower support or as in the import world called: a strut tower brace...I have a six point cage; frame connectors...But don't want to go through the fire walls  to weld bars in, as i won't have the space to remove the headers, if need be...Please help guys/Gals as the flexing cant be good for handleing with a 600 Hp 0/ Engine going down the street...As this car is only a pro street car and not a full out race car as some may think it to be.....Thanks for any assistance you all may provide.  tnku Chow,Brian Beck. o----o<>

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't think having the inner aprons cut out without having a bar at least from the engine bay side of the firewall is a good idea. Your frame rails now have no vertical support. The upper shock mount could be made with a U shaped tube welded to the frame rail, but I would worry about rail support first. The rails were designed to work with all the engine bay sheet metal. o----o<>

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oops didn't read front. There are a lot of pics in the gallery. I have 6-8 of them saved to my favs. o----o<>

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you mount those bars about 6" higher on the rear (on the heater plenum) you can get fenderwell headers in and out no problem, did mine that way.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Heres a few additional pics

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts