Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a few questions before I take the big plunge.

1. When I posted about switching in my 8 3/4 many people recomended moving the axle back about 3/4" or so, when this is done will I have to make new mounts for the shocks on the body/chassis, or can i use the old ones?

2. Before I have the axle cut down (it's a b-body axle) should I move the spring mounts on the axle or should i do it after?

3. Does anyone know the part number of the rancho shocks that are recomend for use (or what shocks you recomend) with inboard Cal-Tracs? I'd like to buy them now when I install the axle, but I don't think that I'll get the Cal-Tracs till later in the season or next winter, and I don't want to buy shocks twice.

Thanks fo the help and advice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Always do the most amount of welding on the diff before it is narrowed. Axle housings do distort when being welded. The misalignment will be corrected when the housing ends are welded back on

Tim

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
459 Posts
Shock mounts will be fine...

Ryan

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Ryan (Strange246) said:
Shock mounts will be fine...

Ryan
[]{}

As for the Ranchos, get your rear suspension and housing installed and hanging unloaded under the car. Measure your extended dimiension required. Go to an offroad shop (we have Central 4 Wheel Drive). Tell them the length you need with 11/16" Mopar eyes on both ends. 5/8" are the most popular and obviously won't work. They will be able to find a shock that works for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.