Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive got a buddy who has had all the body work done to his 70 dart. its in primer but basicaly ready for paint .. he recently decided to sell the fenders ,doors and valance  he wants $800 dollars for them ...this would basicaly finish the front half of my car minus the hood  .. does this sound like a good deal or can i do better buying  everything seperate off the internet .. i need some opinions here thanx ..
???

G

·
you prob. could do better on the price but you would have to consider what the hassle of searching for parts and dealing with strangers would be worth.i would try to talk him down to the going rate,say $500 to $600 if they are in great condition.

G

·
Jim_Lusk said:
That's probably a good price. There's no shipping involved and the parts are ready for paint. It isn't unheard of of pay $300 per fender.
i see good fenders out here for 100- 150 alot. i pulled mine out of pick n pull for $89.back east $300 easy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok everyone has mentioned the fenders what aboute the doors and valance ..the fenders have the marker lights and emblem holes shaved or filled what ever its called ... the info in much apreciated thanx

G

·
wickedfirefighter said:
ok ive got a buddy who has had all the body work done to his 70 dart. its in primer but basicaly ready for paint .. he recently decided to sell the fenders ,doors and valance  he wants $800 dollars for them ...this would basicaly finish the front half of my car minus the hood  .. does this sound like a good deal or can i do better buying  everything seperate off the internet .. i need some opinions here thanx ..
???
Your buddy,$800.00,hmmmm.Ask him what he would sell them to a friend for.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Anything more than $250 for pristine, ready to scuff and spray fenders is robbery, and anything more than $100 per pristine door is really robbery so...Your friends not doing you any favors...Thats even up here in the rust zone..

Ryan

·
Registered
994 Posts
Ryan (Strange246) said:
Anything more than $250 for pristine, ready to scuff and spray fenders is robbery, and anything more than $100 per pristine door is really robbery so...Your friends not doing you any favors...Thats even up here in the rust zone..

Ryan
shit you can 250$ just to have a fender prepped...and 200$ for the inside and out of the door prepped if you took it to a shop.

·
Registered
459 Posts
fasttcars said:
Ryan (Strange246) said:

Ryan
shit you can 250$ just to have a fender prepped...and 200$ for the inside and out of the door prepped if you took it to a shop.
Thats why I do my own work...I hope your talking $250 Canadian to have a fender prepped...

Ryan

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK .  the doors have all the glass minus the drivers mirror and no panels .. the fenders ,doors and valance still need to be wet sanded .. he has the front  bumper going with the sale that is pristine ..i will probly see if he will take $ 600 or $700 for the package.. i wish i had the time to do all my own work but i am a engine captain and work 14 on and 2 off most of the year ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts