Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This month's mopar muscle showed an install on a '75 dart sport. They did not show it in much detail thuogh. Has anybody installed one of these? I have heard bad things about the year one scoops. Are these better? They cost more than year one's about $235.00 according to MM. I want to put one on my '70 Dart.

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
oooooh....wow. Ive only used em once or twice and it wasnt much of a problem then, but thats been awhile and it was a fairly run-of-the-mill part. I will surely now reconsider.

thanks a ton! doh

·
Registered
143 Posts
seen the AAR scooop at the nats yesterday looked nice,,not much work to get ready to paint,,scoop had mounting studs kinda like the O.E scoop did,,

but look at the twin snorkel scoop at mopars by crane,,,this scoop is ready to paint,,it is the nicest repop ive sen,,,we are putting one on a big block scamp,, bought it at carlisle,,,for 180.00 bucks from the vender i heard on his web site they are listed for 169.00 AAR i think is 269.00 now,,

but heres the difference,,AAR scoop bolts on like the orignal,,,,the one from crane,,is made to fit what ever you wanna put it on,,under where the mounting studs would be is a lip 1 1/2 to 2 inch lip,,you can either dril it and bolt it,,the bolts wont be seen,,except opening the hod just like the orignal or you can use what the new car manufacters use now,,bonding glue,, either way this scoop is perfect to the orignal and needs nothing to paint it comes in black,,you could uue it that way also,,,and it is a little lighter then the orignal,,, just my 2 cents,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts