Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my seats.  I had to make adapters for the brackets, because they were to short to span the mounting pads in the floor.  Little more work to do on the floor, and am going to cut the excess off the adapters, and round the edges...but it is going pretty well.  These seats fit pretty well, the bolstering makes it a little tight, and mocking the cage, I think I can make it all fit in there.  Just need to remember to leave room for me...   ::)

The interior will be all black, with the GT emblems left in the door panels. The dash is a rocky mountain insert, radio, heater, glove box delete.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, not to bad. They are the Summit sport seats. They are not the lightest thing out there (especially with my bar stock adapters...), that is for sure, but they are comfortable.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Been planning on a pair of those myself. Good to see them installed. Do they have a seat back release or just a tilt adjustment? Love to see more details on your mounting.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Duster440 said:
Been planning on a pair of those myself. Good to see them installed. Do they have a seat back release or just a tilt adjustment? Love to see more details on your mounting.
These only have tilt, which is annoying. I think the new ones they sell have a release latch. Kind of makes me mad... oh well?

I can get some pics and dimensions of the adapters I made if anyone is interested. Seats are pretty nice, they are on the heavy side though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Those look like nice seats, I have been eyeing those up in the Summit catalog. I put Dodge Omni seats in my Superbee, they darn near bolted right to the factory bucket tracks, have tilt and some bolstering to them. My upolstery guy made them look like factory seats and not many notice them... just perfect.

Nice job,

Don

·
Registered
260 Posts
71Swinger said:
Those look like nice seats, I have been eyeing those up in the Summit catalog.  I put Dodge Omni seats in my Superbee, they darn near bolted right to the factory bucket tracks, have tilt and some bolstering to them.  My upolstery guy made them look like factory seats and not many notice them... just perfect.

Nice job,

Don
I thought I was the only one who had done that! ;D I put Omni seats in my last Charger, and you're right; they did look good in there. I had them recovered without the headrests and they looked great. They had that classic low-back look that the 60's B-bodies had, but you could actually stay in your seat when taking corners; unlike the flat-as-a-board originals. I even took them out when I sold the car and tried to put them in the 72 Dart I bought after that, but they didn't fit nearly as well so I sold them to a friend. Just thinking about it makes me want to go to the junkyard and grab some more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts