The same motor that came out......

Bill,

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
320 Posts
abodyjoe said:
PanamaScamp said:
Nice setup, I will like to ask what is there to gain by installing one of these. Handling?,
yes handleing and it also takes some weight off..
Plus tons of header clearance.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
779 Posts
Very interesting...................I noticed you did not cut the shock towers. I've got a 528 hemi I'm stuffing in mine. Does anyone have any info on cut lines for the shock towers when using Bill's Alterkation kit. Templates would be nice. If no one has any perhaps I will "document" what I have to do and supply them with pics to Bill to help other gearheads.
Jim

New pics, about ready to come out of the shop in epoxy primer for the mock up

·
Registered
779 Posts
Well, from what I'm hearing to stuff the 528 hemi into a 69 dart you have to cut them out. Also be aware I'm also using TTI's 2-1/8" ceramic header system under the car, not fenderwell.
You got more on this combo?
Jim

G

·
Something like this is required on the passenger side a-body. Although since you won't need the shock mounts, you could cut more off and smooth it all out nice.

These pics are from Mike Horan's car I believe.

G

·
These are from a Dart Steve Magnante built showing some more shots of the clearance, including the reason you need to offset the master cylinder...

G

·
Here's one showing the issue without a valve cover, and the cut lines on magnantes Dart. The other 2 are a Barton hemi - The first picture has not been modified yet, and in the full engine pic, it's finished. Notice the heater motor can also be an issue...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts