Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the hard lines to each wheel and front to back are 3/16" but is the ones from the master cylinder to the prop valve bigger? one of the fittings looks bigger?

Ryan

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim_Lusk said:
I think they are the same size, but the differnet size fittings are to idiot proof the installation.
Cool, thanks Jim, the fittings themselves, is it just the one line thats got bigger fittings?? I'm planning on going to get lines and fittings tonight or tomorrow...

Ryan

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi,
When I installed a new proportioning valve in my Dart I had the same problem. The fitting for the master cylinder (front) inlet was 1/2-20 reduced to 3/8-24 brake line. The master cylinder (rear) inlet used a fitting that was 7/16 - 24 reduced to 3/8 -24 brake line. The front brake (outlet) to the front brakes were both 3/8 - 24 threads ready to use as is. And the rear brakes (outlet) was a special line the part guy had in the back already made. It was 9/16 - 18 with the smaller brake line made into it. I got all my fittings from Pep Boys. They came in seperatly packaged bags marked ( Brake Line Reducers). They have the flared fitting built into them. Don't try to use regular brass fitting for this. Master Power Brakes sells a plumbing survival kit that should have all the fittings your looking for. There at www.mpbrakes.com. I think they also include plenty of pictures to use for brake plumbing on there website.
Jim K

1 - 6 of 6 Posts