Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know all of my questions are getting really old right about now. I just have one more. I've got an 8 3/4 out of a pickup. I'm going to have the housing narrowed and buy new axles. The brakes from the truck are 10 x 2 1/2. When I order axles, do I just tell them they need to have the offset for a truck, so I can use the backing plates and drums from the truck? I believe the A body offset is different right? Thanks a lot guys and girls!! I've been racking my brain trying to figure this out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
do you mean the back space on the backing plate as it bolts to the housing flange. if so just measure the b.s. and apply to overall length. Hope this helps. Ian

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought the moser axles for my housing and just got a set of backing plates from a local guy. They were the C body type which I believe were the same as the truck backing plates. Just tell moser that you are using something besides the a body backing plates because the spacing is different.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Austin, thats what I wanted to hear. Anyone know why the A body backing plates are the only oddballs of the bunch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts