Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, what ideas do any of you have regarding theft prevention. I live in a large city and I dont want my dart to go missing. I am thinking along the lines of fuel and/or electrical cutoff. Any ideas? I dont want to go with an alarm. At least not an alarm only. Somthing to prevent it from being driven or started. Thanks for any replies

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hidden kill switch is nice. Pulling the coil wire or distributor rotor works well. If I ever get a new alarm, I'm getting one with a pager that calls you when someone is messing with the car.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Here's something cheap. Buy a trailer connector that has 6 wires. Cut the wires leading to your electronic ignition box. splice the connector in. Now when you park it, unplug from the ign box and un plug the trailer connector, and take the piece with you. Ain't nobody starting that car. Bit of a pain to use, but it works. Anything else can be bypassed.

don

·
Registered
417 Posts
How about a removable steering wheel.
If someone is driving around with vise grips to steer the car people will notice.

gt

·
Registered
759 Posts
MSD has an additional wire that, when grounded, will not allow the car to start. Easy enough to wire up a hidden kill switch.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Anything easy can be disabled just as easy. Look at the paddock I forget the name but they have a nice syustem in there called Powerlock I think that looks pretty good.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I installed a hidden switch that controls a master soleniod in the trunk on the main battery wire. Can't do much with no power at all.

G

·
I was thinking on installing something to cut the fuel on the line from the tank. Maybe using a solenoid...
Some kind of device where I could cut the fuel right after the tank, so the car would still run for a few hundred of meters.
Anyone has experience on this ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
A common motorhome solenoid controlled fuel tank switch could do that. With no second tank to switch to, flipping your hidden switch will have the fuel pump suckin' air.

·
Registered
759 Posts
MyCreation68 said:
Anything easy can be disabled just as easy. Look at the paddock I forget the name but they have a nice syustem in there called Powerlock I think that looks pretty good.
Not so easy if the thieves don't know which is the anti-theft wire in the harness and the location of hidden kill switch... 8)

The MSD system allows the starter motor to crank, but not start the engine..

·
Registered
704 Posts
i had an idea, mount a simple togle switch under the left side of the dash so you can just rap your fingers around and flip it, and have it as a link in the fuel pump curcuit so you will get no fuel unless you switch it to the correct position but if the thief didnt know anything about it he would have no idea why it doesnt start, this doesnt protect you from your friends stealing it though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts