Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grew up in the suburbs of Toledo, Ohio. As a small kid in the mid seventies, I remember a lot of muscle cars on my block having a brand of raised letter tires named "Big Boss" Anyone remember these? They must have been "mandatory" in the burbs. I can't find anything about them on the web. I hope I got the name right.

·
Super Moderator
1,461 Posts
I remember the bosses. snagged an old set from a friend, then proceeded to burn them down in a matter of weeks.

the Super Sport Stones were the hot ticket around these parts. hardest compound ever...gripped for sh!t. nice smokey burnouts though

and I loved the way they looked on my old Cougar
(hey, I was young and stupid...ok?)

·
Registered
783 Posts
(hey, I was young and stupid...ok?)

I used to wrench for bfgoodrich in the early 70's; I bought a set of T/A's, 11" of tread, for a 55 chevy, 396, 425 hp I had just put together.
Talk about sticking- The first time, I wrung off the lug studs, car sitting on the street with 2 big tires packed up in the fenderwells. Fixed that.
The 2nd time I revved it and popped the clutch- I pulled the top of the rear shocks clean through the trunk floor, and broke the munci cluster gear, shifting at 3000 rpm.
Had to sell it for $400 to pay a divorce lawyer. Man, I miss that Belair.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Never heard of them. The only big tyres you could get over here back in the early '70's were General Grabbers, 'orrible things......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts