Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know the widest wheel you can use on the rear of a 1972 dart swinger with NO modifications to the suspension or fender lip or any of that?

G

·
I know the widest thing I ever got to fit was a 14X6 rim with a 245/60/14 on it. Perhaps the rim could've been a 7" wide, but then you could only run a 235 tire. The wider 245 tire was actually held a little narrower than it should have been because it was mounted on the 6" rim.

G

·
my 72 dart has a 7" rim with a 255/60/15 tire on it with a little room to spare on the inside with no modifications.thats why i'm guessing an 8" rim might fit but it would have to have a custom offset.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mopar stu said:
my 72 dart has a 7" rim with a 255/60/15 tire on it with a little room to spare on the inside with no  modifications.thats why i'm guessing an 8" rim might fit but it would have to have a custom offset. 
255/60/15 and you didnt roll the fender lip or anything? what offset are the wheels?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Go to a GOOD tire and wheel store, one that sells a lot of race type wheels. They will have a tool that will show you what size tires will fit and what offset you'll need. Either that or try someone's wheel/tire package on for size and go from there.

don

·
Registered
320 Posts
Bill_Reilly said:
I know the widest thing I ever got to fit was a 14X6 rim with a 245/60/14 on it. Perhaps the rim could've been a 7" wide, but then you could only run a 235 tire. The wider 245 tire was actually held a little narrower than it should have been because it was mounted on the 6" rim.
I did that on my 70 before I converted to disk brakes. Man it looked mean with those 245's in the front and rear. I later mounted them on some 7" rims and the suckers rubbed. :-\

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ran 255/60/15 Cooper cobra radial GT's on a 15x7 station wagon steel wheel. No rolling or anything.. Just make sure your springs arent sagged out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a pair of wheel vintiques 15X8 small bolt pattern Ralleys with BF Goodrich 235-60-15 radial TAs. I had about 3/8 inch spring clearance. Tires were 26 inch tall and looked awesome on both a 70 Duster and a 68 GTS with NO mods! 68GTS383

1 - 10 of 10 Posts