Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw them on ebay and wondered if they are any good. Seems pretty easy to install too. Anyone use one or put one on? How did it look?

·
Registered
154 Posts
We bought one about 7 years ago at the Super Mopar Weekend from that traveling "Mopar" only traveling parts van..Hardins I beleive it was but cant recall. It was a perfect fit over Derricks '73 Dart Sport dash pad and once on it couldnt be told apart fron a soft pad. Its a hard pvc type cover but cleans up nice and shines nice when detailing his car. No complaints here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like it will work then, alot cheaper than just dashes and trying to find a 68 blue dash pad in good condition is not easy.

·
Registered
759 Posts
gtsdude said:
Saw them on ebay and wondered if they are any good. Seems pretty easy to install too. Anyone use one or put one on? How did it look?
I have on on my '92 Camaro. They work great.

·
Registered
593 Posts
A friend of mine put one in his Duster several years ago...It looks great... ;)

Sue

·
Registered
945 Posts
A cap looks like a cap. I am having mine recovered by a shop I will post pics as soon as possible.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you have a 68 car, be careful, the dash is different from 67 & 69 and then 70 & up. The 67 & 69 has a step on top, 70 & up is flat. I used a 70 &up dash cap on mine, had to trim the downlegs where it joins the lower dash. Not perfect but i made it fit. I first bought a 67-69 from yearone thinking it was 67 to 69, so I had to return it cuz i didnt want the step on top of the dash. The only other dash cap available from them is the 70-up. I think I saw another place that sells the 68 only dash cap. And BTW im pretty sure they only come in black.

good luck

Fred

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Fred you are right that the listings are confusing. The one listed for 67-9 has a step in the top and only fits a 67. The 68 is different because of the lower dash pad. The 69 and later ones are the same.

G

·
I used one for my 74 duster and was very pleased. Would never spend the money for a dash pad now. Keep in mind that I use mine for a cruiser, not a show winner. If I was concerned with a show trophy, I'd wrap it in plastice bubble wrap, load it in a trailer, and show pictures of what it looks like so I didn't get bird poochie on the paint. For a driver, the cap is a no brainer. I was skeptical at first, but would definately do it again!!! Ramman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts