Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have this b-body 8 3/4 sitting in my shop and I'm wondering what legnth I should get it cut down to, then to coenside with that, what backspace should I get on the rims to go with it. If it helps I'd like to eventually get the car into the 10s and I plan on using Cal-tracs, but still up in the air about that them...$$, so what do you guys recomend? Thanks

·
Registered
704 Posts
find the rims you want first then cut the rear end to match that dimension

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea but rims I'm looking at have multiple choices for backspace, i'm just wondering what a good choice is, again planning on eventually turning it into a 10 sec car, so anything that can help me plan for the future in that respect is helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just  purchased my first big block A.  It is a 74 Duster with an 81/4.  The 440 ;D ;D broke the U-joint straps.  I  also have a B 8 3/4.  If you are shooting for 10's and want a big tire; move the springs into the frame rails and mini tub or tub it and you can go as big as you like.  I am going to either use the off set hangers or just move the perches in 1/2" per side and leave the springs in the stock location.  I then can run a 275-60 Drag radial on a 8" rim with no problems.  I am looking a stock eliminator cars that run 11's on 9" slicks and Top Stock cars such as Joe Aluise's 63 Belvedere that runs low 10"s on 9-10 " slicks.  Also remember that some F.A.S.T. cars run 11's and 10's on bias ply tires. o----o<>

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have a set of Weld drag lites 15 x 10 with 5 1/2" back spacing.....I bought them on a whim and found out that they are about an inch to much on the outside. I was going to cut it (8 3/4)to work with the rims but I dont trust myself to that task with out somone around who has done it. Anyway,f your interested in these rims let me know. I wish I had waited or tleast had a game plan before I bought these rims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts