Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Newbie here ( Not only to the Site but also to Mopars ) so take it easy on me. I've gone Chrysler crazy and need a bit of advise here. I picked up 3 cars, a 70 Dart, 74 Satelitte and a 73 Charger. I've decided the Satellite is too far gone rust wise but since it's a running driving car I figure I'll break it up for parts. I've read several of the posts and the tech section on the Disc swap and I can say there are many confusing responses. I know this has been asked a zillion times, I just need to be sure I get the correct parts before sending the Satellite to the Scraper. Am I correct in thinking all I truly need are the spindles and caliper brackets? The rotors, calipers and hardware I will purchase new. Should I grab the master, booster and combo valve or does it make more sense to also replace them with new parts...Will the Master Booster from the Satellite even work in the Dart or will they be a waste of time and garage space? Also I'm understanding that I can use the Darts' Lca but I have to install the big ball joints ( Either from a B or 73up A ). I'm thinking of using tubular Uppers which solves the upper ball joint problem. I believe other than replacement lines and hoses that is all I need to complete the swap...Am I correct? Oh yes and another question...to swap the B Body rear... am I correct that all is necessary is to move the perches and get wheels with the proper offset? Thanks in advance Guys!   tnku    

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Your 73 and 74 B body has a wide ass rearend. I highly doubt if it will fit even with the right rims. The early B body rears are the ones that some people use.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
>I'm understanding that I can use the Darts' Lca but I have to install the big ball joints ( Either from a B or 73up A ). I'm thinking of using tubular Uppers which solves the upper ball joint problem.
Pretty sure the Dart's LCA's will work. The big ball joint was an upper only deal.

>..to swap the B Body rear... am I correct that all is necessary is to move the perches and get wheels with the proper offset?   
Depends on how wide that rear is. I'm using one that's 61.5" from drum to drum in my '69 Valiant. That's getting pretty wide so I'm using a '05-'07 17" x 8" Mustang Bullitt rim with a 6.3" backspace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.