Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B body rear?

Which year B-Body 8 3/4 rear end is 59 1/2 inches from drum to drum and comes with the 11 inch drums and BBP? I heard that swapping this into your a body allows you to run bigger wheels(with more offset) is this true? My 76 Dart Sport is SBP WEIRD puke; so I want to swap to BBP with the 11.75 Discs up front and a 8 3/4 with 11 inch drums in the rear(for best stopping power) What kind of wheels will i be able to run after the swap. I am going with 15's(wayyy down the road 17's,but that will be with the alterktion!) and summit has BBP rallyes that are 15x8 with 4.5 in of BS will these work? IF not what should I look for. I want the same size wheels/tires front and rear.

thanks! BBD

·
Registered
704 Posts
Re: B body rear?

sounds like you going for a great stopping/handling car, i like the look of a slammed road racer, if you do i would recommend some big tires all the way around, bigger tires in the front really help stopping, i run 235/60r15 on my front with a 15x7 with 4.5 backspacing and thats the biggest i can go on my duster because of the back of the wheel lip but the darts have a lot more room there, but with a 245 on it you should be fine, you can run them all of the way around in the stock wheel wells, check out the pictures of krabysniper's dart, he got the same thing and it looks awesome and with a 15x8 rim with 4.5 backspacing it should be perfect

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: B body rear?

moparrr07 said:
sounds like you going for a great stopping/handling car, i like the look of a slammed road racer, if you do i would recommend some big tires all the way around, bigger tires in the front really help stopping, i run 235/60r15 on my front with a 15x7 with 4.5 backspacing and thats the biggest i can go on my duster because of the back of the wheel lip but the darts have a lot more room there, but with a 245 on it you should be fine, you can run them  all of the way around in the stock wheel wells, check out the pictures of krabysniper's dart, he got the same thing and it looks awesome and with a 15x8 rim with 4.5 backspacing it should be perfect

Oh Yeah I am ALL about handling and stopping! Do the darts sports have more room in the wheel lip area over the duster? I didnt know that! I definatly want the same size front and rear(I want to be able to rotate and rebalance them every 6k for better tire life!) Where can I see krabysnipers Dart?

Thanks for the help guys,keep the info comming!
                                                                                     tnku

Found one picture of his dart,LOOKS AWESOME! His p.m box is full,does anyone have his email address? If so can you p.m me?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.