Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading Tom Condran's book (Performance Handling for Classic Mopars) and on Page 5 he writes:

Regrettably, '65-72 rotors can not have the stud pattern re-sized to the large 4½" pattern common to other Mopars.  There is no "meat" where the machinist would drill.  And outside diameters of the hubs (which center wheels) match only small bolt-pattern wheels.

The bolt pattern can be up-sized only by swapping on rotors from a '66-69 B-Body, if you can find two of those rarities in good condition.  These Bendix rotors - and not the calipers from that system - match A-Body knuckles and calipers as if they were built for them.  They even share wheel bearings.
I see that Layson's Restorations and the Paddock carry a unicast (combined hub & rotor) version of this rotor.  Has anyone tried this B-Body rotor on their A-Body K-H disc brakes?  Does anyone know which company manufactures this rotor for Layson's or who else carries this rotor?

Frank

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have nothing to add but I have been trying to figure out (no hard thou) how to go to large bolt pattern using the KH brakes as the only reason I didnt do the entire swap was that my car has a good working disc system. But if I could just swap rotors & the axles (and other items) out back I would go to large Bolt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts