Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am about to sand blast the window jams and my engine bay, what is a good aerosol epoxy to spray over the freshly sandblasted metal, should I clean the metal with metal cleaner prior to priming it? the car is a68 Dart? thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
epoxy is a 2 part mix and never comes in a can.

an etching primer that is good under the next layer will be fine.
it is acid based and again don't breath it even though it smells good **(*)

take care

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If i spray the freashly sandblasted metal with a good self etching primer, can I still put epoxy over the self etching primer? thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
i find it too hard to remember the compatability of products to one another so i will allways check the manufacurers directions if in doubt.

but we do it this way if the epoxy is to be applied at a later time,then the self etching primer is lightly scuffed and then coated,maybe even cleaned if it has been a long time sitting uncovered.

like i said the directions are out there and should be read to be sure.

G

·
What helps me is i always go to the same supplier and deal with the same folks.90% of my skill is their know how about their product.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Get the SPI epoxy primer .It can be sprayed directly on the sandblasted areas then it has a 6-7 day window where you can spray the color or other primer without having to scuff it .After that time you would have to scuff or sand it . Companies are getting away from the metal prep stuff and the etching primers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.