Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Anyone seen or have access to templates for making GTS/S BB k-member BISCUIT mounts (on a SB k)-especially the driver’s side? All Ive found is Jim Lusk’s info on the pin style which is awesome but I dont care for the inability to shift things a bit you get with the biscuit style. I have a spare biscuit SB k member I can cut up to weld to a 67 K and since I gotta weld in a 68+ idler arm bracket anyway…

2. I have the Schumacher conversion kit but I DO NOT like how 25% of the biscuit isnt supported on the driver side. I saw one at Nationals that actually was starting to sag.

3. Has anyone using the Schum conversion used a solid biscuit? Are they the same size just turned sideways?

thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,461 Posts
here's a link to the old tech pages we had here at BBD before the latest move.

in the "Engine & Transmission Mounts, Cooling " section there, are directions for building your own DC-K frame as well as engine plates and such.

direct link: Make Your Own DC-K Frame

just be patient as they load, as this leads to an archival site, so its not exactly high speed internet. ya know?

I hope it helps

·
Premium Member
3,929 Posts
Get the factory mounts and start from there. Mount engine and trans starting with the trans mount. That is the main locator for fore/aft and side/side. Make sure to keep the crank parallel to the frame rails. Height at the front of the crank is in the tech pages. I believe the passenger side motor mount perch is a B-body part (but, don't quote me on that). You will likely have to fabricate the driver side perch, but you may be able to start with the small block perch.

I was originally going to fab my own mounts (back in the late 1980s), but found out how easy it was to build a DC k-member.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get the factory mounts and start from there. Mount engine and trans starting with the trans mount. That is the main locator for fore/aft and side/side. Make sure to keep the crank parallel to the frame rails. Height at the front of the crank is in the tech pages. I believe the passenger side motor mount perch is a B-body part (but, don't quote me on that). You will likely have to fabricate the driver side perch, but you may be able to start with the small block perch.

I was originally going to fab my own mounts (back in the late 1980s), but found out how easy it was to build a DC k-member.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks Jim, I do have a 69 k I could cut up and as you suggest -literally use the engine itself as the template. However, I have an opportunity for a GTS/S k so I might go that route. Thanks for all you do helping everyone by the way!

·
Registered
32 Posts
1. Anyone seen or have access to templates for making GTS/S BB k-member BISCUIT mounts (on a SB k)-especially the driver’s side? All Ive found is Jim Lusk’s info on the pin style which is awesome but I dont care for the inability to shift things a bit you get with the biscuit style. I have a spare biscuit SB k member I can cut up to weld to a 67 K and since I gotta weld in a 68+ idler arm bracket anyway…

2. I have the Schumacher conversion kit but I DO NOT like how 25% of the biscuit isnt supported on the driver side. I saw one at Nationals that actually was starting to sag.

3. Has anyone using the Schum conversion used a solid biscuit? Are they the same size just turned sideways?

thanks!!!
So, what are you wanting, original or anything that works?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts