Big Block Dart Forums banner

Bolt In 4 Link Challenger on MuscleCar TV?????

7K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Think3205 
#1 ·
Did anyone see Muscle Car TV this weekend?    They're putting a "bolt in" 4 Link suspension (with air bags) in that Challenger they're building.   However, I didn't catch anything about who makes it.   Anybody see it and catch the manufacturer name???   Would be interesting to look into for an A body.
Thanks...
O.J.

G
#2 ·
Musclecar tv used a new rear kit from AirRide. B and E only though - So I'm doing one for the A's - I've been messing with air ride in the alterktion and I like it so much I just have to make the rear kit.

G
#7 ·
I've been talking with Air Ride for months now about it and they came out with a new one recently that bolts right into the A-body alterktion. It's a little shorter than the current coil-over I'm using, so the ride height is a little lower. But, at the correct height for the shock, it's right where I like it. The cross bar on the frame is about 4" off the ground. And with a 26" tire, I can lower it 3" from there - too low obviously to drive, but it looks neat sitting there that low. I didn't bottom out anywhere around here(which is really saying something), but I'm going to change my oil pan anyway since it's just a street car. But lowering isn't my reason for it...

What REALLY has me excited about it is the ride quality - it's absolutely smooth as glass. I'm totally amazed how nice the car drives with them - that's what prompted me to do the a-body rear - I have to have it in my own car. Initially I thought air ride was just a bunch of bling, but I'm sold on the stuff. I never thought my Dart would ride this nice and still handle.

As for retrofitting, anyone with an A-body alterktion that has the 10-14" travel shocks can use them. Older systems that had the short shocks don't have enough room.
Also, the B and E body systems need a little modifying so none of them can be retro-fit. Well, they need longer a-arms to widen the track a little to make room, the frame would be the same. Still an added cost though, so I'm not counting on many people changing over.

Soooo, I'm now a dealer for Air Ride. We'll have the alterktion's with an air ride option, the bolt in B and E rear air 4-bars, and I'll be doing the rear air 4-bar for the a-bodies. The A-body rear shocks may have clearance issues with the gas tank, but I have more work to do yet, so I'm not sure at this point...

I'd put some pictures up, but I have my car all torn apart.........AGAIN. I just can't keep this thing together for more than 3 months at a time. LOL

#9 ·
At Last, people are now realizing the potential of putting airbags on mopars, not only does it look good slammed, but you get a good ride. I am glad your making an airide option for the AlterK and making a 4 link airbar for the back. Saves the work I have to do trying to figure it out. I am going to body my valiant to get rid of that gap so I lay my body on the ground also along with the subframe. My little minitruck is soon to be on airbags. they are quite nice.

-Mike

G
#15 ·
You could just put a stem valve on the line, but they have full compressor systems for them. Check out www.ridetech.com - The RidePro is the compressor system - there are quite a few different compressors based on cost. The front shockwaves I'm using are listed there as V3.0, and the rears are the 9000 series.

G
#22 ·
The lower links will bolt into the existing mounts, wherever they might be.

Time frame on the rear kits will most likely be a while. I'm working on it in the Dart, but I have a couple hundred other projects going, so the actual for sale parts will be done as I can fit it in...

I was never very good at sleeping - time enough for that in the grave.

G
#23 ·
Bill, on behalf of mopar fans everywhere i would like to say....

ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThank
youThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou
ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThank
youThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou
ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou!!!!!!!!

#25 ·
Bill_Reilly said:
The lower links will bolt into the existing mounts, wherever they might be.

Time frame on the rear kits will most likely be a while. I'm working on it in the Dart, but I have a couple hundred other projects going, so the actual for sale parts will be done as I can fit it in...

I was never very good at sleeping - time enough for that in the grave.
the kit sounds awesome! btw would one of those projects be adding a sway bar to the rear suspension kit that you have out now? ;D ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.