Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
You could also just pop the front of the springs off and use a prop rod. That's what I plan to do.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lars, I have been using a prop rod for a little while now and am tired of it. And it isn't even running yet! I bought a set of atomic's springs but have not installed them yet. My .02 . Todd

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got used to a prop rod when I had my 5.slow a few years ago, it never really bothered me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use the springs, but it was a pain to get the old ones off and the new ones on. But well worth it when I can just lift the hood and work when I need too

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
219 Posts
I do the light weight hood spring MOD for AAR, when Kevin sells an A Body bolt on hood, he will refer you to me.

I do the Mod and supply new pushnuts for $40.00 + whatever it cost you to ship to me.

With my modded hinges the hood will stop and stay anywhere in its travel, from closed to open.

Herb

·
Registered
69 Posts
I tried calling AAR this friday and it seems the phone line calling times are very limited. Does anyone run their GTS hood and know if it has the provisions to put the hood bezel on there? The bolt on hood is 439, how much should I expect to pay shipping to LA, I have no idea if they'll be at fall fling this october so i can just do a pick up and save shipping. Atomic Dog how much are your hood springs? any tips on removing the original springs, i hear its kinda tough

G

·
If you take off your old springs and cut the hooks off and put them back and look at the postion then reweld the hooks back then reinstall them to make them weaker they will work great i did it worked good for me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Use the springs off of the FWD Daytonas, Spirits, Lebarons, etc. Probably cost $10. at the junk yard. I have a friend that uses them on his Duster w/fiberglass hood. No problems. Not much pressure to shut the hood and just enough to hold it open.

·
Registered
69 Posts
268darts said:
Use the springs off of the FWD Daytonas, Spirits, Lebarons, etc. Probably cost $10. at the junk yard. I have a friend that uses them on his Duster w/fiberglass hood. No problems. Not much pressure to shut the hood and just enough to hold it open.
cool, i got some off a lebaron today at the junkyard for free, one in each pocket >:D

·
Registered
704 Posts
i hear if you heat them up, they will get soft and stay that way

1 - 14 of 14 Posts