Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the tech page on brake swaps. I got a pair of 85 diplomat calipers from a friend and they look like they'll work with my disc swap. Will they? They have a different part number for the pads than an earlier calper. Why is this? This is the reason I'm thinkin they might not work. Thanks you guys.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I just tried to do. They don't have the calipers in stock. Or the pads for that matter. I guess for an 85 Diplomat, they have pads for the police and taxi version and one for the others. They also have two different rebuild kits for the calipers. All this stuff is special order stuff at autozone. I'll have to swing by Napa and see if they stock this stuff. The guys at my napa seem to know a little more also. I just hate having to deal with parts houses. Almost as much as I hate ordering parts for an 85 Diplomat.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, they're the sliders. It's just weird to me that the pads have a different part # than for the earlier slider calipers. Did they make 2 kinds of slider calipers? Also, they have 2 types of rebuild kits (soft boot, and rigid boot). Anyone know why this was?

I'm just wondering if I should order pads for a 76 dart since they have these in stock. I'm going to just take the calipers in and see for myself what the differences are. I hate dealing with part numbers.

·
Registered
704 Posts
for my car, i bought the b body calipers because they have a bigger piston and they work fine

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got mine calipers off a 74 Dart Sport, took them to Advanced Auto parts used them as cores and $20 each I had nice clean rebuilt calipers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts