Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to offer ideas or opinions on a fair price for the parts to convert my '63Coupe' Dart small bolt pattern, 13" wheels to big bolt pattern disc brakes.
I'm negotiating for a set off of a 76 Dart that includes the rotors, spindles, upper control arms and calipers. tnku

·
Registered
177 Posts
I usually use ebay as my established price since I do a lot of buying and selling on there and would never pay more than I could get it on there for. The later A-body disk front complete set-ups, to include the proportioning valve, I usually see going for $100-$150 depending on condition. Not that you were asksing for this info, but the earlier kelsey hayes set-ups ussually go for upwards of $200 and higher if they are in really good shape.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just paid 350 with shipping for a slider type setup for my sons 64 valiant off ebay that included everything but lower ball joints, Had new bushings and upper ball joint but the bearings and races and seals all needed to be replaced, calipers rebuilt and rotors turned along with new brake pads and hoses, after it was all done I have almost 500 into it. it does stop very good and its a lot eaiser to find parts for.

·
Registered
691 Posts
By everything......do you mean the rear backing plates , drums , axles too ? I am doing this to a '65 , but started with tubular upper control arms , and will likely skew the $$$ curve upward.
The used parts I will need look like they will be on the cheap , but the new parts I will be putting on will more than offset any savings.
If you can get the parts for under 200.00 and not use a gun , you have done something right with your life.........prices I have seen tend to run a bit higher.
J.S.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was just talking about the front brake cost as I had everything from another car to swap rear axles and have plenty of wheels for a few conversions.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got mine from a 5th Avenue in a local junk yard. They pulled the whole brake setup for me for $150. The pads are even still good. I got my upper control arms for $75 on eBay. Locally (Northeast TN) they have the ball joints and UCA bushings at Advance very reasonably. They actually had everything but the lower ball joints in stock. One day on the lower ball joints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts