Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any pics of the routing of the brake lines from the master cylinder to the prop. valve? and out of the prop. valve? I could use a couple pics of that whole area if anyone has them...Running all my lines and I want them to look somewhat factory ....thanks!

Ryan

o----o<>

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks man! Just what I needed!

Ryan

·
Registered
12 Posts
sycboi, that was one of most informative and well photographed tutorials I've seen anywhere. Short and sweet yet had all the information asked for or required. A friend of mine used to say "excellence is simplicity in design". My vote is this one goes into the archives (tech pages)!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I cheated and used braided from the master cyl. to the proportioning valve.  It isn't cheap , and I am , so I guess lazyness took over.  But with the headers on and limited room , and changing from a single to a dual M.C. , it seemed to make sense.
I had to also move the master cylinder up about 1" to get it away from the headers.
The fun just never stops when I start doing " bolt on " swaps.
The brass chunk pictured is a Moroso line lock....the prop. valve is down on the frame rail like God intended.
                                                                           J.S.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
320 Posts
tubtar said:
I cheated and used braided from the master cyl. to the proportioning valve. It isn't cheap , and I am , so I guess lazyness took over. But with the headers on and limited room , and changing from a single to a dual M.C. , it seemed to make sense.
I had to also move the master cylinder up about 1" to get it away from the headers.
The brass chunk pictured is a Moroso line lock....the prop. valve is down on the frame rail like God intended.
J.S.
Nice thing is you can unbolt the MC and move it out of the way without having to open up the system.

G

·
tubtar said:
I cheated and used braided from the master cyl. to the proportioning valve.  It isn't cheap , and I am , so I guess lazyness took over.  But with the headers on and limited room , and changing from a single to a dual M.C. , it seemed to make sense.
                                                                           J.S.
SWEET ,...I LIKE ,..I LIKE!!!! WHERE YA GET THE BRAIDED LINE,..WHAT SIZE??? I'M GOING TO DO THIS TO MY 66'BELVEDERE

·
Registered
691 Posts
This is Aeroquip #4 and the fittings were available at NAPA. The hoses are assembled and have flare ends on them.....they come in lengths from 12" to 48" I think.
Just get the appropriate fittings for the proportioning valve and master cylinder and you are good to go.
A word of caution.....bring your wallet.
Though I got my stuff at a local speed shop and could have saved $$ going to Jegs , Summit , Mancini or others probably.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts