Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doing a swap on a 72 Vall. I am all but done. I have performed swaps on B bodys before. The car had drum brakes, and We had about 6 sets of 68 Kelsey hays setups. The only diff I found in the lower ball joint was that I had to drill out the balljoint mounting because of the bolt & nut setup on the spendal. Do I need to change the upper controle arm? With the setup now, the upper and lower balljoints doint line up.(this may be normal) Just want some advice to see if I am ok with what I have done so far. o----o<>

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes you will have to change the upper control arm.
Go to the top of this page and click on the tech pages. There is a section on brake conversion.

gt

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK. reading the information it states that if you are going to the newer single piston type, you need to change the upper control arms. I am going with th 1968 4 piston on a 72. I can not find any information on the page for this swap.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just cut out the stock drum brake upper ball joint threads (socket?) and went to the local circle track racing store and bought replacement threaded sleave , then welded that into the stock control arms. Worked great for me. If you want pics let me know, but it's already done and the only pics would be the finished product.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts