Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1973 disks and calipers up front. The right caliper is brand new. All new drum brakes in back. Left side Caliper and Master cyclinder are 1973 OEM. Proportioning/metering valve is new and correct for the disk/drum combo. The system was bled correctly.

Anyhow, for quite a while, all was OK...then yesterday, the brake pedal goes all the way t the floorboard with No resistance. I might as well be pushing on marshmallows. I re-bled the entire system, starting from the right-side drum... no bubbles, no brake fluid leaks anywhere.

I'm thinking of replacing the Master Cylinder and the left side Caliper simply for lack of a better idea..

AutoZone has them for $23.00 and $32.00 respectively. Who says that Mopar parts are expensve...

Anyhow, is there sometyhing else that I could be missing..?

BTW, these are not power brakes. Plain ol' mechanical.

·
Registered
404 Posts
jump in on your topic here but, when i swapped out ot the SSBC kit i bled the brake system about 4 times and i feel i coudl stop better and felt it better with my drum brakes.

and i did bleed the master cylinder i installed the car hooked it up to the pedal and ran the bleeding system and bleed it like that.

and they are manual disc brakes, am i supposed to use a diffrent metering block? and i do have the prop valve installed and also i don't have enough clamping force up front so my stand stills are a bit tough. any suggestions ideas?!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts