Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what car can i get a dual line master cylinder and front discs off of thatll fit a 64 dart? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
724 Posts
1972 and earlier equipped with the K/H 4 piston type. It's a straight swap and you can keep your upper control arms. On the 73 and later you need to grab the UCA's off the donor since the ball joint is bigger. The 73 and later will also have the large bolt pattern so you'll need two spares until you update the rear end.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just did the conversion on my sons 64 valiant from a 73 dart, the slider type calipers are a little bit of a pain to get hoses for but it work very good, his is still manual brakes, had to make some new lines too but pretty easy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why was it hard to get hoses?? $21 or so each at most auto stores. Did you have the calipers on the front or rear side. either way...same hoses, diff. routing. Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
with the slider calipers mounted to the rear I had a problem with the hose binding aginst the upper control arm with the wheel turned hard left or right with them mounted to the front the hoses were to short, ended up getting hoses off a 76 dodge van that were 22 inches long to route them out of the way of everything.

·
Registered
177 Posts
ski said:
1972 and earlier equipped with the K/H 4 piston type.  It's a straight swap and you can keep your upper control arms.  On the 73 and later you need to grab the UCA's off the donor since the ball joint is bigger.  The 73 and later will also have the large bolt pattern so you'll need two spares until you update the rear end.
Ski is right about the direct swap, but I can sell the K/H 4 piston setups all day long on ebay for double what the later style single piston ones go for. Unless you're hard core on staying with SBP, I'd go with the later set up and just sell any K/H you come accross to the people that are willing to pay way to much for that type. Just my $.02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts