Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm in a bit of a bind. I bought a late 70's Chevrolet Caprice for a thunderstock car to race locally and it's pretty much all ready to go but theres one big problem. The wiring is gross. It's tiny guage wiring like 22 gauge and I'm afraid it's gonna melt when I go to fire it up. The guy built the car and sold it. I've got wiring diagrams for the engine and starter but I'm curious if anyones wired up warning lights for things like oil pressure, oil temp., water temp. and tach. Can anybody help me?

P.s. I know it's a Chevy but I would never wreck a dodge.

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so how on mechanical guages would that work? sorry I'm really confused. doh

Like does the signal from the sender slowly lite up the idiot light?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahh ok I'll figure something out. it's just easier to race when you don't have to pay attention to your guages or I could do the easy thing a position them so the needles are all pointing the same way so i know when somethings off easily

·
Registered
260 Posts
MyCreation68 said:
ahh ok I'll figure something out. it's just easier to race when you don't have to pay attention to your guages or I could do the easy thing a position them so the needles are all pointing the same way so i know when somethings off easily
Yeah, that's an old trick, but it works. ;) I plan on getting one of these when I finally mount all of my Autometers...http://hp.autometer.com/products/accessories/trialert/trialert.html

·
Registered
185 Posts
When me and a buddy built a circle track car out of a Pontiac Le Mans (and a pontiac 350) all we had was a tach, oil, water, and volt, that was it(it was one of those 3 guage autoguage set-ups) with a seperate 5" tach with a shift light on the dash, (it was an auto so we really didn't need the tach). We ran the bomber/power stock class at our local 3/8th mile track. If you want I can get the wiring diagram this weekend. It was pretty simple, if I remeber it was writen on the back of a paper plate, it was like three wires going in to the fuse box and that was it, the only warning light was the oil pressure light. We had lots of fun with that car till we got spun into the wall at 50mph!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.