Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How wide should the Bumble Bee stripe be on the rear of a Dart..?

I'm asking about the total width of the application, including the thinner edge/side stripes.

Additional question: How wide are those thinner side stripes by themselves..?

·
Registered
118 Posts
guzzimike said:
How wide should the Bumble Bee stripe be on the rear of a Dart..?

I'm asking about the total width of the application, including the thinner edge/side stripes.

Additional question: How wide are those thinner side stripes by themselves..?
you don't say what year Dart

the 69 GTS/Swinger stripe is 8 1/2" wide total......1/4" stripe.....1/2" space.....7" main stripe.....1/2" space....1/4" stripe

I used a stencil kit to paint this on my car

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply..and for the stripe component dimensions

Our car is a '68 Dart, but we don't really care for the year-correct center split look of this stripe:

We like the "cleaner" look of the 1969's solid center stripe better.

We'll adapt this one to our car, minus the horizontal split on the side.

Thanx again.

·
Registered
118 Posts
DartKnight said:
I like the 69 stripes, also. Hey WildCat, where did you get the stencil kit?
Stencils & Stripes Unlimited,INC
Park Ridge, IL.
(847)692-6893

3 years ago it was $133 shipped to me

I have seen cars that have the stripe painted on without the side divider and in my opinion they do not look right. I thinght about not putting it in mine since my car is a GT. But to make it look right went ahead with the GT Sport on it for the look

·
Registered
118 Posts
guzzimike said:
Thank you for your reply..and for the stripe component dimensions

Our car is a '68 Dart, but we don't really care for the year-correct center split look of this stripe:

We like the "cleaner" look of the 1969's solid center stripe better.

We'll adapt this one to our car, minus the horizontal split on the side.

Thanx again.
Mighty clean looking car JUST AS IT IS. If it is a real 68 GTS I would have to leave it as is, even though I like the 69 stripe better too.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's not our car... 8)

It's one used by Phoenix Graphics to illustrate their stencil kits that they sell...

But I agree, if that was my car, an original GTS, I'd leave it as is...

Our car, however, is a '68 GT with a retrofit 383 BB. We are having the car painted Orange, with a satin Black colored GTS hood.

The '69 type stripe in semi-gloss black would be a good balance to the black hood...and because our car is a total Frankesteiner to begin with, the period correct bumble bee stripe is not mandatory. ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
1) In regards to the bumblebee stripe, is there an exact location to install this stripe, i.e. 22'' from the front of the trunk decklid or where????
2) Is there some way to determine for sure what the exact model of your Dart is, to know if it in fact came with a stripe? Mine has been painted at least 3 times, and at present does not have a stripe. It is an original 340 4 speed with a fibreglass bubble p/o hood.
Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
440WIP said:
1) In regards to the bumblebee stripe, is there an exact location to install this stripe, i.e. 22'' from the front of the trunk decklid or where????
2) Is there some way to determine for sure what the exact model of your Dart is, to know if it in fact came with a stripe? Mine has been painted at least 3 times, and at present does not have a stripe. It is an original 340 4 speed with a fibreglass bubble p/o hood.
Thanks for the help!!
I don't know if mine is in the right place but it looks right. On my car the front center of deck lid to stripe is 18 3/4"......OR it is about 3/8" from the bumper inset on the bottom of the 1/4 to the start of the stripe.........but on a 69 I think the correct location would be the stripe is centered in the side marker.

FYI.......IF you are going to paint it on without a stencil the stripe isn't straight across the trunk lid. There is a slight V in it to match the trunk

The fender tag or build sheet would be the only way to know if it had a stripe from the factory because the GTS or SWINGER could have had a stripe delete

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wildcat, you wouldn't happen to know the measurements for the 68 stripe the one with 2 narrow stripes?

·
Registered
118 Posts
gasman said:
Wildcat, you wouldn't happen to know the measurements for the 68 stripe the one with 2 narrow stripes?
have no idea on a 68 stripe sorry I think if I had a 68 I would still use the 69 stripe, just my personal preference, unless it was a real & rare car

Original cars are great for some people. My 81 Imperial is original, I like my Prowler and Dart much better since I can do anything I want to it. I would like to modify the Imperial some but cannot bring myself to do it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts