Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Not much. Keep in mind the a bodies were considered compact, b bodies intermediate, and c bodies were full size. Mechanically almost everything was bigger due to the size and weight of those cars.

Off the top of my head I can only come up with a few.
Tie rod adjusters can be swapped for more strength/rigidity over a body size.
8 3/4 Rear brakes could be swapped, backing plate and all.
Master cyl and possibly prop valve.
Cruise control could be added to an a body.

I'm sure others may know of more that could be swapped. If you're looking at buying a c body for parts I don't think it will be worth it unless you need the motor and trans.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just wondering how hard is it to find a DC member? i thought it was near impossible? i've opted for the schum. kit. but havent ordered.

and why ragtop? how big? **(*)

·
Registered
111 Posts
There are instructions for building a D.C. "K" member in the tech section of this forum.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/dck.shtml

There's a small inconsistancy in the dimensionsfor the setback, I think, but Jim Lusk is around
pretty regularly and it was his project, so I would bet he can resolve any questions.

Oh, and it appears the BFH is NOT called for to complete this project.
It was really just a feeble attempt at levity on my part anyway. ;D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help guys but i'm not a very good at that type of stuff. i've re&re'd all different kinds of motors, but fabbing isnt my strength plus, i'd like the option of going back to a small-block if I so decide.

one other thing: for the rear brake swap, is it a weld on bracket or does it have 4 studs on a flange? the flange being the common part?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts