Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the big C body tie rod ends on their A body? Is it a direct swap? My friend just gave me a set. I figure I can just set the length to the same as the ones I have right now and bolt them up right? Will they work on a 66 Dart?

·
Registered
283 Posts
yes they will. you'll need to change the sleeves to the larger tie-rods. i'am using the one piece from just suspensions with moog rods on my 69 dart.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the C body sleeves too. Will these sleeves fit, or do I have to cut them down?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's just a one piece female hex, how do they lock. Is there a jam nut on each end also? I'm thinking I can just use a threaded female hex and a jam nut. Ya think this will work?

Brent- What year C body did you get yours off of?

·
Registered
404 Posts
the 1 pieace one's use a jam nut, Pure Vision Design has some nice ones as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I use the C-body sleeves and tie rods on three A-bodies and they all fit. I have the center 4" of the adjusting sleeve welded for additional strength, don't know if its really needed.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats a good idea. I just might have to do that. I wonder if these tie rods are overkill on a street/strip car. Oh well, the replacement tie rods are about half the price at the parts store.

·
Registered
148 Posts
mopowers said:
Thats a good idea.  I just might have to do that.  I wonder if these tie rods are overkill on a street/strip car.  Oh well, the replacement tie rods are about half the price at the parts store.
A couple of thoughts: If you are going to install a C-body engine, then maybe the entire drive train should be updraded to C-body standards. The reason I do some of this stuff is because of the green brick (Mopar Action). Just the thought of having a street driven G-machine that can perform with the modern iron intrigues me, so the chase continues and Rick is working on something new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts