Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we're on the subject of CalTracks...

Is anybody running these on a primarily street driven car? I've got my Dart setup to hold its own pretty well on the street handling-wise, but I wish I could get a little more bite at the stoplights and when I do take it to the track. Would the CalTrack setup completely ruin the handling and around-town drivability? Current setup is the Mancini XHD leafs w/ urethane bushings, moved in to the frame. The other thing I would worry about is pounding that aluminum bushing to nothing in a few thousand miles. This car sees around 6000 miles a year. Any thoughts?

I'm cursed in that I'm always trying to build compromise cars... I like cruising around in them too much to just build a straight out dragster!

Max

·
Registered
47 Posts
When driving my car on the street, honestly, I do not notice a single thing with them. The odd clunk out of the rod ends, that is cured by lubing. I see a lot of street miles as well as lots of abuse on the track.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
72polara said:
While we're on the subject of CalTracks...

Is anybody running these on a primarily street driven car?  I've got my Dart setup to hold its own pretty well on the street handling-wise, but I wish I could get a little more bite at the stoplights and when I do take it to the track.  Would the CalTrack setup completely ruin the handling and around-town drivability?  Current setup is the Mancini XHD leafs w/ urethane bushings, moved in to the frame.  The other thing I would worry about is pounding that aluminum bushing to nothing in a few thousand miles.  This car sees around 6000 miles a year.  Any thoughts?

I'm cursed in that I'm always trying to build compromise cars... I like cruising around in them too much to just build a straight out dragster!

Max
Can you even run cal-tracs with XHD springs? I thought they only worked with weak springs. I'm not sure though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
72polara said:
Dunno if you can or not; I was thinking the CalTracks + Calvert Racing's split monoleaf springs.
Thats the only way they will work..... I also don't see any difference on the street with mine.

Bill,

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
i have them with the hd 6 leaf springs fro mspringsnthings. they work great, lots of street miles and i never noticed them back there during normal street driving. not exactly sure what the deal is with the xhd springs.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
jamesdart said:
i have them with the hd 6 leaf springs fro mspringsnthings. they work great, lots of street miles and i never noticed them  back there during normal street driving. not exactly sure what the deal is with the xhd springs.
What is the rest of your setup if you dont mind me asking (eng/trans/rear/front susp.)? What kind of times are running at the track?

G

·
I ve heard alot of people talking about caltracks. Do they work as well as i have been hearing I need some help off the line with mine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.