Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this on another board, but no replies.     Is there a difference between disk brake spindles from left to right?  I ask because I have tire fitment trouble on the front of the 68 cuda.   I have about 3/4 inch of clearance between my 215/75/15 tires and the front wheel opening but have about 1 inch to the rear of the opening.  I believe the brakes came off a 76 volare and I have them mounted where the caliper is on the rear side of the spindle.    Do I just have the wrong rims or do I need shorter tires?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I swapped the spindles on my 73 when I installed them. I did it by accident, but it hasn't seemed to cause any problems yet. A couple of the guys here have done it also with no ill effects.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After looking at it this afternoon, it appears my front tires are just too tall. Sucks because they still have the new tire nubs on the tread. I put them on my RR just before I sold it to buy this cuda.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply Jim, I think I met you at the Mopar Nats in 2004. You were accross from us at the BigBlockDart tent while I was at the Cope Racing Trans tent and I snapped a couple pics of you and your dart. I had a 67 red conv for a first car. I think that was you.

Lars, also, thanks for the reply. I will have to get different tires , ie, shorter. What is the widest tire to fill the wheel well for handling, and the tallest too?

·
Registered
305 Posts
ta3834bbl said:
Thanks for the reply Jim,  I think I met you at the Mopar Nats in 2004.  You were accross from us at the BigBlockDart tent while I was at the Cope Racing Trans tent and I snapped a couple pics of you and your dart.  I had a 67 red conv for a first car.  I think that was you.

Lars, also, thanks for the reply.  I will have to get different tires , ie, shorter.  What is the widest tire to fill the wheel well for handling, and the tallest too?
That would probably have been Herb Beer (Dart67)...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, It looks like the swinger's front fender opens up more at the leading edge than the cuda does. Might just be the angle but it looks larger.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim_Lusk said:
Nope, didn't meet me at the Nats. I've never been. It's a long haul from here in California.
Must not have. Now I notice that yours has a stock hood, where the person I met had a sixpack hood. Oh well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's why I was asking, because my calipers are on the back side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts