Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading somewhere that the only spindle you can use when you do the disc swap is A body ones. In the tech article on this site it says you can use lots of different ones. I know I need upper control arms from a 73-76 A. Then it sounds like the possibilities are endless, as long as I match the rotors and caliper brackets. Is this true? What spindles does everyone have???

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yea you can use the "B" body ones or the 73-76 A body ones. I have a set of the upper arms and spindles from a 76 Dart Sport I can sell you. I also have a few sets of the "B" body ones too.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much do you want for the the upper control arms and spindles? email me please.
[email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How come some sites say you can't use the "B" type spindles because they are taller and can cause bump steer and alignment issues.  I've heard of plenty of people using them with no problems.  Whos right here?  Anyone have the taller "B" spindles?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Go read the artical Bill has in the Tech Pages on Spindle interchange info.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tom1951 said:
Go read the artical Bill has in the Tech Pages on Spindle interchange info.
I read that article, but I'm a little confused. Above the picture of the spindles, it says the B spindle is taller. Under the pictures, it says the B spindle is on the left in the pictures. The middle picture shows a shorter spindle on the left. Which statement is correct?

Also, if I do the disc swap with B spindles, Can I use A body lower control arms?

Is there someone here who has done this swap personally?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mopowers, Give Bill a call and get the staight scoop from an expert.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I put spindles off an 85 5th ave on my 73 Dart and everything worked out fine. Bill says it'll work, it'll work.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lars said:
I put spindles off an 85 5th ave on my 73 Dart and everything worked out fine. Bill says it'll work, it'll work.
Thats exactly what I wanted, real world experiences on an actual car. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
164 Posts
They changed the lower ball joint on b bodies in '73 making them different from the E body spindle. The '73-'74 E body and '73 up A body spindles are the ones most people are after. The '72 and earlier spindles were updated in '73.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts