Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to put this so here goes. I'm looking at a car that is a dodge. I has no other insignia on it no where. It is built into a drag car. It is a two door post and a very neat body style. From the rear it has a rectangle tailite that runs up over the top of the fender and has the back up lite on the lower portion of the tailite. I got the phone # and will be calling tomorrow on it. Been setting a while in the back of a car lot and would love to get my hands on this baby. I thought it might be a coronet but i've looked on ebay but no pics of that came up. A Savoy is a plymouth. It looks to be a 64 or 65 something. Any ideas and i'll check this post every few minutes till i figure this out. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep: Here's what i found out. I called the shop and the owner wasn't there so i ask the dude that answered the phone some questions starting and ending with questioons about a junk dodge truck so as to not act overly interested. It's a 65 Coronet two dr post. Sweet body style. Been striped for the strip. It's got a Dana 60 4:56 gear with ladder bars, beefed up 727 and a 512 inch BB. One bucket seat and a roll cage. Tires are flat and hasn't been moved for awhile. I told him i was looking to build a street machine and he said it was way too much for the street. They ran it in Memphis and other places and said it was approaching the low nines and high eights when they quit racing. May be a lot of bull but still a neat car. He said they had $10000 in the motor and that could be, so i told him i might be interested in the car less motor. I'll call back tomorrow and see what they think the value of their car is. It is the two door post style. The back side glass doesn't slope back as much as the coronet 500 hardtop. Thanks guys and i'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Talked to the guy today and he said it rons the .25 @ 140 mph but he's proud of it too. $15000 firm No trades. I'm still interested.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hmmmm.What would that be.A 9 sec car.Definitely cost way more to build one yourself.If it has everything you want, why not?Guess it's all in what your looking for.
carl

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The guy said he was in the low 9's high 8's. He said he was at the point of having to put a chute on it. I haven't rulled it out .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts