Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought some CE 3 way adjustables from Mancini, i followed the instructions to set them at 90/10 but they wont click correctly. I held them vertical, fully compressed and rotated clockwise, one of them clicks but the marker does not line up with the letter indicater on the shock and the other wont click at all, the shock that does'nt click i have tried purging it as per the instructions, stroke it 10 to 12 times but nothing. I've tried emailing Mancini but have not had an answer yet, i try to avoid phoning because it is not cheap from England.
Anyone got any suggestions

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
161 Posts
****, the set I had didn't line up with the marks either, just had to count the clicks clockwise or anticlockwise to get to the setting I wanted. Seem to remember I had to compress them quite firmly to get them to click at all. Failing that, it must be another case of American suppliers offloading their duff stock to the limeys eh **** ::) Actually, Mancini were very good when they sent a 440 M1 intake to a mate of mine instead of the 400 one he had ordered, they sent the correct item at thier cost and said keep the other intake due to the cost of shipping it back! Result!

G

·
I just put a set on yesterday,they were off to the left of the settings but I clicked it to the 3rd click clockwards. I had an old set over 10 years old and the last race one came down fast one stayed up ,caused us to back off,it almost hit the tree. We had a .014 bulb for $2000 and had to lift. It was almost headsup.6.68 to 6.69.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI John
I hope you've sorted your overheating problem, i know you've had some issues.
Regarding the shocks, the one that clicks, does it all the way round, so i could end up with the scenario that Bentwheel had, as for the other one, i will have another bash tomorrow but i've had it clamped and i cant imagine it going down any further.
TBH, i'm a little dissapointed with them, i'm waiting to hear what Mancini and CE have to say, i've never had any problems with Mancini in the past and the speed of service is amazing.

G

·
OK I am back from the track we came off the trailer with a 6.79 that was a .10 off from last week but it was hot. I film all the passes and it didn't jump up like last week and it didn't slam it down,then 2nd.pass it went a 6.759 so we dailed 6.75  for the run-for-the-money lol it ran 6.7482 and we lost,than it rained out.  On the way home the driver said," the car had alot more manner" but I seen that before he told me ,it was tammed with the new shocks.  I put my hat like the one the first time I seen ya for good luck lol lol lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a mid 10 sec car you've got there Bentwheel, what shocks were on there before and does it rise better at the front.
Mike

G

·
It was the same shock has it had CE drag race shock -C2620 I think I put them on in 1995 but the new ones works better,it didn't just go way up like before,before it came up fast and come down fast too, I film all passes, you could see that it had good manner,we had bad air Saturday just before the rain the other racers was breaking out by 5 numbers so we was going to run 6.71 ,its going to be 6.69 or 6.70 just like before,but better handling that for sure.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not heard from Mancini yet but CE's tech dept have emailed me and reckon shocks are faulty.
Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have never had good luck with ce shocks. never find a 90/10 setting its always way off

·
Registered
326 Posts
i had the same problem got rid of them and bought a set of the lakewoods much better heck between that and the sliders and other suspension goodies from bill (no alter k yet)this thing may actually hook ;D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was going to buy the cheaper drag shocks from summit but i decided to pay a tad more and get the CE ones from Mancini. I have always had good service from Mancini and you're definitely right about the settings, the one that does click, is not in line on any of the settings, what use is that.
Mike

·
Registered
691 Posts
I just installed mine yesterday....three clicks left the mark and the line a ways apart , but it was offset with every click and both shocks were lined up the same , so I am guessing it is in the right position.
I have used these shocks before and had no problems with them.
Other than the delay in getting good parts , I think you will get what you paid for.
Michael , you have my respect.
It is bad enough driving a car that is a real s.o.b. to get parts for here.........I can't imagine doing it over yonder.
Hope it works out for you.
J.S.

G

·
doh did you pull the shock all the way than fully compress then turn it. :p mine worked but it was off to the left of the XF. I will see Saturday we will see if it will stack some numbers. It looks like the car is more taimmed off the line,it hold the front even.

G

·
  We put the new shocks 3 weeks ago and last night we went to the 6th. rould , the shocks seems to be working well and wholes the car level,back to  1.51 60ft. I also lowered the front 2 turns, it is better than any race this year.  When the tires hit the ground it drives good.   We played the dragracing game very well last nite. On the tape you can see the different in the handling now we mite win some roulds.We went off the trailer with a 6.706,6.704 and a 6.6948,then this morning at 12.32am we brokeout 6.6648 on a 6.67.      MAX43

·
Registered
185 Posts
So would you guys recomend this shocks to anybody? Cuz I'm planning on changing the shocks on my dart and i was thinking these were a good idea. So should i Still?

G

·
74DDS said:
So would you guys recomend this shocks to anybody? Cuz I'm planning on changing the shocks on my dart and i was thinking these were a good idea. So should i Still?
Yes I will, Competition Eng. C2620 is what I have, but my car is a dragracer,it works for me, 3 weeks ago it wasn't as good till I lowered the T-bars 2 turns.  But the setting marks was off to the left, >:D put it this way I was going to try and reset them but when I lowered the bars it worked great.     MAX43

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CE sent another shock this week, they both click now, i am setting them on XF which is to the left on both, i want some rears next, i might try something else.
Just to add, i've got no problems with Mancini, they've always given me good service and i'm still happy with them.
mIKE

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HI Bentwheel
No i have'nt tried them yet, i'm working on my Duster at the moment, i've got a few plans for the Dart before it goes out again, i'm fitting an 8" con, something around 5000 stall, a set of Eddies, which i'm having ported, new alloy rad, a bigger carb ,some adjustables shocks for the back and some 28" front runners.
Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts