1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check out this centerlink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190021136850

Now I have a couple questions.

1) The 66 and earlier centerlinks are shorter right? Can someone just adjust the tie rod ends all the way in to compensate for the difference in length?

2) On 67 and up centerlinks, aren't they all the same? Or are the /6 bars different form the V8 bars?

THANKS!

·
Registered
164 Posts
The distance btween the pitman and idler arm tapers on the center link must be correct or it will screw everything all up. The arms are supposed to remain parallel throughout their arc of travell.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Jim_Lusk said:
All 67-72 center links are the same.
All 73-76 center links are the same.

There was a change from 72 to 73 which required a change to the idler and pitman arms.
Also to use say the 73 & up style you MUST use a 73 & Up K-frame...Ditto the 67-72 stuff...

Ryan

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
Ryan (Strange246) said:
Jim_Lusk said:
All 67-72 center links are the same.
All 73-76 center links are the same.

There was a change from 72 to 73 which required a change to the idler and pitman arms.
Also to use say the 73 & up style you MUST use a 73 & Up K-frame...Ditto the 67-72 stuff...

Ryan
Nope, the only k-member you can't use with the 73-up link is the 67 due to the idler arm. All others interchange IF you use the matching idler and pitman arm to the center link. I don't know if a small sector pitman arm is available, so you likely also need a large sector steering gear.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I recently bought a small sector manual steering box and it came with a '73 up style pitman arm with the taper pointing down on it. I installed on my spool mount K-frame with the rest of the steering linkage to see if it was indeed the correct part and everything looks good. I am not sure of what the box came off of but the location of the taper (height and distance from the axis) appears to be right on. I have not driven the car yet but I am confident I won't have any problems with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.