Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, what I have is on my street car, went to the new style charging system about two years ago! Now the car will not charge at all , with either system???? The car is a 67 dodge with a 440. Any help would be great! Anymore I go out to work on and end up just staring at all those [email protected]#king wires, and don't know where to look next! Got the hole flippin dash pulled out of it, still can't find anything! About ready to put a forsale sign on it and shove it in the front yard!! Well anyhow any help would be great !!! Thanks **(*)

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup the charging system is fairly simple, but I can't find the problem, I converted per mopar wiring t0 the new charging system and have done my 67 Barracuda, 68 Coronet R/T , 68 Coronet, and my 69 Dart, all are still working with no problems! The 67 Coronet on the other hand is a another storie, I even tried to switch back to the old system and still nothing, had both tested, and even got new one, nothing! Tried reg. new and old. got new ones to, still nothing, bypassed amt. gauge still nothing! New battery, tested twice still nothing!!! I'm lost, no where else to go!???????? Maybe front yard!!!!!!!!!! **(*)

·
Registered
117 Posts
If it's a 2 field wire alternator, you can ground one terminal and put 12v on the other. Should go to full charge, or make lots of smoke. Like the other's said, you can get the alternator check at any parts store. If it's good, next in line is the regulator, if it's not the wiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts