Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of you guys recommend a good book that covers more than just the "basics" of chassis building/tuning for drag/road race?  I've got the "drag" bascics down pretty good seeing as how I have built several cars that would hook in a bean field, but I'm kinda crossing over into a "new usage".  I want to make sure I have more adjustablity so I can get this car to perform on the strip and on the road with a couple of chassis adjustments.  I'd rather do it now, while building the chassis, than to find out later....it's easy to adjust the plan right now...  FWIW, I building a  challenger with the alterKtion in the front and ladder bars in the rear.  The panhard bar is taking a dumpster dive in favor of a custom built watts link.  The car is going to weigh about 3200 lbs (or at least that's what I'm shooting for).  So, from that I'm sure you can see where I might need some help beyond the basics.....

tnku

·
Registered
38 Posts
Go do some searches on the Pro Touring and Corner Carvers boards.

Plenty of posts there about suspension geometry etc...

G

·
Yep, 4 link for road use - the ladder bars wont let the rear lean. "Tune to Win" and "Race Car Engineering and Mechanics" are both good bedtime reading.

G

·
Oh, well a 3-link would work just fine too. Actually a 3-link would be a little better than a 4-link for a handling car, but the top link will require a doghouse into the center of the back seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts