Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here use those cheap plastic racing seats like the ones you get from Jegs and Summit? Are they comfortable? What did you use to mount them in your A body. I have a 71 Swinger that I am interested in putting them in. I seem to remember a thread about this sometime ago, but cant seem to find it? Have some threads been deleted?

·
Registered
101 Posts
How long ago? The site was updated and pretty much everything started over. That might be why you can't find it.. There is nothing wrong with Cheap! ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a set of RCI plastic buckets in my Dart. I can't wait to get rid of them, even with the "covers" on them, they aren't comfortable as a driver. I'm pretty skinny and I know if you are very big they would kill your hips and butt. Granted I want to drive the car on the street and not race it, for racing I'm sure they aren't to bad. I also have the non sliding brackets in it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bought some plastic buckets from pape enterprises called the contour wedge $70 i was'nt expecting much and i'll be dammed,they were quite comfortable.(only with seat covers no foam)I'm a big guy and i can drive for hours in these seats but i can see my girl sloshing around all over the place so it depends on the seat and your ass.I used the L shape brackets from summit and found they were not worth it,i had to fab blocks to go between the floor and brackets anyway.the floor pan is so flimsy you should tie the seats to the frame and rockers if possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in the process of putting a set of RCI's in right now. I have adjustable sliders on the bottom of mine and I still have to fab some blocks to get them off of the floor enough and I'm 6 feet tall. It looks like they may be a little bit of a hassle to get in and out of the car but other than that they don't seam to bad.

Jack
<:>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At first I thought they were a pain to get in and out of, but I got used to it pretty fast. They look awesome in the car, but I would like to replace mine with something different. Also, I really lucked out because since mine don't have sliders, I was stuck with the previous owners location and that guy must have been really close to my height!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used the Summit seat with the stationary mounting hardware. I took a little time and experimented with different locations and it worked well. I welded in some shims in one spot to level the floor in my 69 Dart. I am 6 foot 3 and might be alittle farther back than some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts