Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cruised 2 hours up to bill's place yesterday and helped him install his street lynx system in my dart....

what a long day.. i left the house at 5:30 am and didn't get home till 11pm.

what a cool system. car rides and handles allot better. it really sticks to the road now. even with the crappy tires i have on the car..  still want to adjust a few things but man does the car ride nice now... had to trash my tail pipes because they were in the way of the upper arms but it looks like there is pleanty of room for new ones. god i hope so because the car is loud with out them..lol.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Re: check out my new RMS rear suspension ..(pics)

Looks like a good kit!!

·
Registered
704 Posts

very, very cool, the kit looks to be very simple but still extremely functionable, looks like practically infinite adjustability- any idea on when this kit will become available and about what the price on it will be? i hope its not too much

·
Registered
1,854 Posts

Very cool system. I knew Bill was working on an air ride system, I didn't know he had a coil over system available.

G

·

This has been a project of mine for an extremely long time. I was bent on making a fully adjustable street kit with coils that still allowed the stock gas tank. Of course, this kit is only for the 67-up a-abodies. I use other stuff for the B/E's. It worked out really nice though. It took us about 8 hours start to finish, but I admit it would be better to call it a weekend project. I used in my carr last summer with good results, but Joes was the first one made on the jigs as a production piece, so I was worried about e-brake cables, brake lines, gas lines, ect - but it all went back into place pretty nice, everything fit the way I measured it to, so I can now say all the fab work is correct and accurate. The brake line on the rear has to be rebent because the parts are very close to the old clips on the axle, but that's a minor item, so I'm happy with it all. TTI tailpipes do not fit, but there isn't much you can do about that - I felt it was better to keep the stock tank and allow custom tailpipes to be made. I'm not a fan of fuel cells on the street.
There will be 2 options - coil-over or air ride, and adjustable links like the pictures, or bushing-type links for more of a set-it-and-forget-it use.
Price will be 1795 with either link, and 1895 to get the air ride shock upgrade. After a year of research, it's exciting to finally see it a reality.
I wanted to keep it simple, so it took a while to find pivot points that offered a little anti-squat without any roll steer, and still had a roll center high enough that a sway wouldn't be needed.
Welding of course is required, but no critical measuring, and a cheapy angle finder from sears is needed to play with the pinion angle.
I do have a few kits pre-ordered that I have to get done, but otherwise, I could take an order for one now, and have it ready in two weeks.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

I would do the install it on one more A body to make sure the fit is correct. Where should I bring my car? ;D

awesome work.

Tom

·
Registered
847 Posts

man that looks sweet -0*(...im gonna cruise over joes and eye it up in person. *POP* i wish the amc market was bigger, id like something like that on my amx. i wonder how difficult it would be? #^~! .......im definitly goin that rout when i build my dart

1 - 20 of 173 Posts