Big Block Dart Forums banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Re: check out my new RMS rear suspension ..(pics)

let me know how that charger wheel works out I think it's close to the sizes I'm looking at running.

Just out of curiosity this is more of a question for bill but I was wondering if I ordered the kit without powdercoating would it end up cheaper?

G

·

No, we ship them bare. It was holding up the show an extra week for the powder coat, and half the people getting them want some other color... Many of them are in full-on projects, so they want to paint the upper crossbar along with the car color.

By the way, an update....

The rear kit now fits perfectly with TTI 2.5" tailpipes - so it's now fully adjustable coil-over or air, stock gas tank, off the shelf tailpipes...I'm pretty excited about it actually LOL Will work with 8.25, 8.75, and also a 9". The dana center casting is wider, so with that rear I'd still have to do the old style that doesn't allow the tailpipes.

Joe - we have to mod yours in the spring, it worked out sweet.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Hold the phone Bill !!! You have gas tank and TTi pipes.. 2.5. I suppose 3" is just beyonf the envelope ?

·
Registered
414 Posts

Stroked GT said:
just out of curiousity what wheel have you decided to run and what kind of offset do you have?

I've changed my mind on rims again and am looking at the american racing Razor
18x9 with these specs:
offset +12
backspacing 5 1/2
im not sure if that was referred to me, but if so, i was looking at Charger SRT-8 wheels, like the photochop in my sig. I have to check the offset i dont know what it is. I just won a wheel on ebay that im going to use for test fitting, etc. If I dont like the look im going to resell it. i dont want my car to look all donked out
Hey, how do you photo chop different tire/wheel options?
I would very much like to sample different combinations before I commit the cabbage
Thx, J

G

·

Hold the phone Bill !!! You have gas tank and TTi pipes.. 2.5. I suppose 3" is just beyonf the envelope ?
Exactly...well, it's possible the 3's would fit, but in the car I used with air ride, the suspension would go fully compressed without hitting the 2.5's - it looked to me like the 3's would just be too fat to comfortably fit, although I don't have a set here so I can't say for certain.

I was going to stick up some pics, but I forgot to get em off the camera. I'll put some up this evening when I get home.

·
Registered
322 Posts

Amazing and very innovative...Bill your somethingelse.Extremely profesional,I'm sure this is on its way to a national mag as a feature article...I cant wait! *POP*...............Dam it,as if I'm not broke enough now I gotta build a modified Dart!!! BBD

G

·

Bill How do I put in an order? Andy is comming up very soon and if you could ship to him that would be great.

IM me let me get you some money.

Don.

·
Registered
69 Posts

golferjohn said:
Stroked GT said:
just out of curiousity what wheel have you decided to run and what kind of offset do you have?

I've changed my mind on rims again and am looking at the american racing Razor
18x9 with these specs:
offset +12
backspacing 5 1/2
im not sure if that was referred to me, but if so, i was looking at Charger SRT-8 wheels, like the photochop in my sig. I have to check the offset i dont know what it is. I just won a wheel on ebay that im going to use for test fitting, etc. If I dont like the look im going to resell it. i dont want my car to look all donked out
Hey, how do you photo chop different tire/wheel options?
I would very much like to sample different combinations before I commit the cabbage
Thx, J
sorry i just saw this now. if your familiar with photoshop, it works with layers. i get my first photo of the car im going to use as the first layer, check how wide the wheels are in the pic, and then i get a pic of the new wheel i want and resize it so that the wheel is close to the one in the original pic. then i just paste it over the original, you can move it over the original wheel and you can just erase whatever is surrounding the wheel, the original image underneath will still be there as you erase whatever you want from the new wheel you pasted

G

·

Yep, GM cars, Mustangs, and a host of others use similar designs. Its a very effective design that's simple to get under a stock body.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Bill_Reilly said:
Yep, GM cars, Mustangs, and a host of others use similar designs. Its a very effective design that's simple to get under a stock body.
What really impresses me about your kit is that almost anyone (that's car orientented) should be able to set it up. A big step up from leaf springs for a relatively low price and it's easy to install.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Sorry for not reading this entire thread, as this question may have already been asked. Are there any plans for a early sixties B body kit?

G

·

I imagine sooner or later we'll do an early B - it's only a matter of getting an early B in here to do it. Since we have most brackets already made, it's a fairly simple affair to do a new body style.

·
Registered
485 Posts

Id let Bill use my 65 a a tester.Rocky

·
Registered
15 Posts

joe, how wide are your tires up front with that setup??

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

That looks killer Bill!  Just curious- does welding those brackets on tweak the housing at all?

Would someone be able to weld the brackets on w/ it assembled and filled with gear oil and be confident that the rear is still straight??

141 - 160 of 173 Posts